Follow the given steps to convert your favorite bed sheet into the perfect curtain for your room.
- Measure the width of the window using a tape measure.
- Measure the height of the window from floor to curtain rod.
- Take your favorite bed sheet that also matches with the theme of your room.
- Cut into the corners of your bed sheet to make it perfectly flat and also make sure that it fits the size of window.
- Place the bed sheet on iron stand and iron it with starch until it’s smooth and wrinkle free.
- Fold the bed sheet from top towards inside (width wise) to around 4 inches and sew it, this process is also known as hemming and it makes a good base for ribbon loops.
- Now take ribbon in any color you like and cut it into 3 to 4 inch lengths.
- The number of ribbon pieces depend on the width of your curtain, for example if your required width is 80 inches you would need 10 (8 x 10) ribbon pieces for your curtain.
- Pin the ribbon pieces on the back of the sheet where you sew it earlier (step 6) in a way that it makes a loop for the curtain rod, each piece should be approximately 8 inches apart.
- Now stitch the ribbon loops from both ends and remove the pins.
- That’s it, your DIY Curtains are ready.
Curtain Rod that we Recommend